Over the past couple of months the question of if we should sell our house and get a bigger house and move closer to A.J.'s work has been on our mind. We love our house and we love our ward. There has been a new school and church both built just a few blocks from us in the past few years. They are currently putting a new park in just a couple of blocks from us. All exciting stuff and great reasons to stay here! We have grown to love this area. It's very safe.
The problems we have with living here now is that our house is just too small. We could make it work but it's cramped. If we were to have anymore kids it would be really hard to make it work. As it is, Mark is sleeping in our room in a pack and play and the girls share a room (which is fine and what we will continue to do in a new house) and there is a bedroom with computers, toys and a dresser. At the moment we have nowhere to put Mark other than in our room. If we were to move him in to the third bedroom we would have to move computers to the kitchen and he would share a room with toys.
A.J. works at home some so we would love to have a room where A.J. could have his computer and work stuff. We would love to have a bedroom for Mark and a bedroom for the girls to share and a family room to put toys and a TV in and a living room in the front of the house where we could visit with people, without having a TV or Toys. We don't need anything huge or fancy, just something a bit bigger.
To buy a new home we need to sell our current home so we have been working hard to get this house ready to show so we can sell it. We worked really hard on Saturday because we found a house, close to A.J.'s work, which we love for a great price. Now we aren't sure we even have a chance to get it because it looks as if someone has made an offer on it but we are hoping to sell this house quickly and put a counter offer in on it if there is that possibility. Not getting our hopes up though.
The house we love has exactly what we need. There is a living room as you walk in the front door a kitchen and dining area on the same level. Upstairs there are three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. A half level down from the kitchen is a family room, and laundry/half bathroom. The entrance from the garage is also on this level. Then in the basement there is a family room which we would use for A.J.'s office and another bedroom and full bathroom along with a decent sized storage room. The house is a short sale so it is priced low to sell but it is in excellent condition and very clean. The front yard is landscaped beautifully and the back yard is large with a new storage shed and a half court basketball court.
As much as I am trying not to get my hopes up, because I know there is only a slight chance we could get this house, I love this house! It would be wonderful for us!
If we sell our house and do not immediately find a new house to move into, we are lucky to be able to live in my mom's basement apartment, until we find a new place.
As we are getting ready to sell and buy a new house, I am getting ready for shoulder surgery. I have a torn rotator cuff, which is very unusual in someone under 40 (I just turned 30) but I do. The only way to get relief is with surgery and if I wait to get the surgery, the injury will get worse and will not be as easy to repair and surgery may not be successful if I do not get it now. So, on January 27 I go in for shoulder surgery. Worst case scenario, I will have to have my right arm in a sling for 6 weeks. No moving it! Then I will have 6 weeks of physical therapy for range of motion, and 6 weeks of PT for strength. I won't be able to lift anything more than about 20 pounds, with my right arm, for at least 6 months. The thing is I can't even do that now. I might as well get it fixed so that I can lift things and do things normally and also so that I am not in constant pain. I am probably crazy, trying to take care of three kids, helping to get the house ready to sell and having surgery on my shoulder all at once, but right now is a great time to move and it is the best time for me to have surgery. A.J. is doing so much to help get the house ready to sell and we have great friends and my family helping us as well. We think we can do this all!
1 comment:
So I'm getting back to reading blogs after the holiday and realize you're now through shoulder surgery. Ouch! Hope you're doing OK! Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment