Monday, May 11, 2009

Update on Mark

Mark is doing really well! He is on oxygen but just a little and is breathing completely on his own. He has been off and on the oxygen too. Right now I want the to leave him on it for a little while so he can get lots of rest without trying to breathe too hard and tiring out and then try him off of the oxygen again. I hope he will be off of the oxygen when we go home because I really don't want to go home with oxygen and monitors. That would just be a pain!

Mark is doing extremely well right now with his nursing! He is consistently taking about half of his feeds nursing. If he will take 3/4 of his feed nursing then we will get to move to three or four times nursing soon and then all the time and then he will come home! It could be as soon as a week and a half if he continues to do well. That would be WONDERFUL! I can't wait to have him home with us.

Mark has the sweetest little face and is awake more. It's so sweet to look into those precious, innocent eyes. They get so big and he just looks at you and coos when you talk to him. He is also starting to really smile. It is just so sweet! He is 4 lbs 8 oz now and growing really well!

We couldn't be more pleased with how well Mark is doing and we are so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers and help that we have received.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad little Mark is doing so well. I'm sure the whole family is just itching to have him home. He's going to have three moms taking care of him, right? I'm sure the girls love him to pieces. Hope he progresses through these next steps quickly!

Rebecca said...

sarah - just catching up on a few of my friends blogs tonight. How adorable is Marks picture. What a sweetie. He is so precious and you are an amazing mum. I agree with amy - he will get more than enough help and attention when he gets to go home! We are praying for you all, love becky & boysx