So I don't remember if I mentioned it but our baby boy will be named Luke when he makes his appearance. We are still working on a middle name right now though.
I am now 27 weeks pregnant and happy to be in the third trimester, finally. Things were going really, really well up until a couple of weeks ago. I was really thinking this may be an easy full term pregnancy. I still have hope it could be full term but easy was apparently not the plan.
Two weeks ago I headed in to the hospital because some things were just not right. They kept me for several hours and then told me I could go home. I got changed back into my clothes, signed my release papers and was ready to go when the nurse came back and said the doctor changed his mind and I needed to be observed overnight and get steroid shots for the baby's lungs. They wanted me to stay the weekend. Fun!
I convinced them I would stay in bed at home and I would go back to the hospital if there were any problems and also for the second steroid shot for Luke's lungs. They let me go and I just stayed laying on my side in my bed over the weekend.
Monday I had an appointment with the Perinatologist. She decided I needed to be admitted and watched for 48 hours. She said if I lived any further than I did from the hospital (3 miles...) I would have had to stay in the hospital until I was 28 weeks pregnant. That was 2.5 weeks! She didn't really want to let me go after 48 hours but I promised I would stay on complete bed rest and for the most part I have been able to.
I went back Monday for an appointment and they wanted to put me back in the hospital but I told them I would come back in if things changed at all. I go back again this Monday and am hoping to avoid being admitted again.
It's going to be a Christmas of bed rest for me. I have never been on bed rest this strict. It's hard. I keep starting to get up to do something and realizing I can't. It's also very uncomfortable to lay in bed all the time. I am happy to do what I need to though to prevent a dangerous situation for me and Luke.
Two weeks ago, Luke was measuring 2 lbs according to the ultrasound, and that is fantastic news! Let's just hope he keeps growing well and cooperating.
3 comments:
Mark looks so little with Santa. But it's a GREAT picture.
Yeah, that was last year so he was about 8 months old then. He's 20 months old now!
I hope you're keeping yourself entertained okay. I'm glad you are getting to stay at home, at least.
Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment