Sunday, August 12, 2012

School

Summer has gone by quickly! In 8 days, Leata will start 2nd grade! How did that sneak up on us so fast? The week after that, Taylor start Kindergarten. She is SO excited to go to school this year! Both girls will be attending Noah Webster Academy. We have loved having Leata there for the past 2 years and we are hoping that this year will be great for both girls. There are going to be some pretty big changes this year so that makes us a little nervous but we hope that things will go smoothly and both will enjoy this school year and learn a lot.

Having one going half day and one going full day is going to make for busy days this year. Another thing I am not excited about is homework. I can only hope that Taylor will easily and willingly do her homework. That would be so unlike her sister who doesn't understand why she has to study and write spelling words that she can spell in her sleep. Leata is VERY difficult when it comes to homework. This is the 1st grader that was testing at a 5th grade level for most things by the end of the school year. Some of it's boredom, some personality and she really does get distracted very easily. So homework and multiple pick ups a day are my two least favorite things about the school year that is coming.

I am excited for Taylor because she is so excited to go to school and learn. I am excited to watch her learn and grow and discover. They grow and learn so much in Kindergarten and it's a fun process to watch. She will most likely (we will know 100% for sure tomorrow) have the same teacher Leata had for Kindergarten. We are very excited about this because we just adore Ms.Thompson! She is the definition of a perfect Kindergarten teacher.

Leata says she's ready to go back to school but she is not as excited as Taylor is. It's not all new to Leata like it is for Taylor. Leata is excited to find out more about her teacher and see what friends will be in her class this year.

Uniforms are ready. This year they are having families donate $10-20 per child for school supplies. This is nice because all the kids will have the exact same things and I don't have to go shopping for it and while I am good at finding deals, I don't know that I could be $20 per child when buying specifics on their lists.

Back to school night is Thursday. I can't believe it's already here!

No comments: