Heparin is a blood thinner. I need to take it when I am pregnant so that I do not miscarry. When I finally convinced my doctor to talk to the high risk doctor about getting it, I finally got my prescription. Just getting him to write the prescription was a stressful thing!
I went to my regular pharmacy to get the heparin. They did not have. I thought that was a little strange since I had been able to get it there in the past but I figured they just ran out. So we checked another pharmacy. They didn't have it either. We checked another and they called around to find a pharmacy that had 5 days worth of Heparin.
So, we go and get the Heparin and they say they should have more by the time that I need it. Well, I need more today and they cannot get anymore. They have 2 more days worth but then that's it. We have already paid for it and so has the insurance.
We called the hospital pharmacy thinking they would probably have it. No luck. They don't have it! Now we have it figure out what we are going to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment