Friday, February 6, 2009

Boy stuff...

So, most of our baby gear is neutral so we don't have to worry about that when it comes to getting boy stuff. Most of our girls clothes are not gender neutral at all though! Lots of pink and purple and just girly stuff. I have had fun finding clothes for the girls and dressing the girls up but I am actually really excited to find boy stuff now! I love frogs and it is much easier to find frogs on boy clothes and gear then on girls!
Another thing that will be different with a boy is hair. My girls hair has grown in so uneven. I just want to keep cutting it until it all evens out but I don't want them to look like little boys. So, I wait and pull in to ponytails and other interesting hairdos. It's fun and cute but they don't always cooperate. Leata was over 2 years old when her hair was finally cute and girly and we could have her wear it down. Taylor will be at least two as well, when she gets to that point. With a boy, as soon as his hair is getting longer and uneven I can just get it cut!
I am sure that with two older sisters poor little Mark will be subjected to makeup and dresses and interesting hairdos at times. Especially, Leata is likely to do those things. She is SO girly!
I am just so excited to be having a boy now that I have two girls already! I would have loved having another little girl too but I have had that experience twice already so it will be fun to have a new experience with a little boy!
Now, I am not ready to get rid of our girl baby clothes yet. Even though I am 99% sure that this is a little boy it's never 100%. I don't think that this is a little girl but if we decide to have one more baby we have so many nice girl clothes that I could use again so we will wait to get rid of anything just yet...

2 comments:

Amy said...

So while you are collecting boy stuff, Scott and Becca are in the pink...again! Little Miriam is due in June.

Sarah said...

Thanks for letting me know! I talked to them sometime in January so just a few weeks ago but it was before either of our ultrasounds so I knew they were due around the same time as us but I was waiting to hear what they found out and figured you would know! They are hard to get in touch with sometime...