We talked first over the computer (that is probably not a surprise to anyone who knows us). Then we met at BYU. Our mutual friend, Eric, introduced us. We hang out together with groups of people, a lot. A.J. and I then started hanging out, just the two of us. We just enjoyed spending time together. We still dated other people some but often, after the occasional date was over with another person, we would end out hanging out together. We were always together. We dated on and off through Fall semester 1999 and then in Winter of 2000 we were engaged. It took a little work to both agree at the same time that we wanted to get married but once we knew, there was no stopping us.
When Winter Semester was over, we traveled to Tennessee so that I could meet A.J.'s family and we were having an open house there at his families home. It was fun for me to meet his family and friends and it was fun for him to see his family and catch up with friends.
Then we went on to England. My family lived in England at that time and A.J. and I decided that was where we wanted to be married. We had to be in England a couple of weeks before we got married. During those couple of weeks, my family moved into their house, my sister put her hand through a window and ended up needing plastic surgery and a stay in the hospital and my brother got pretty sick. This was all while trying to finish up on all the stuff that needed to be done for the wedding. My family was there in England and A.J.'s parents came to my family's village a day or two before the wedding. We were so blessed that so many people from our ward help out with the wedding preparations. Huntingdon Ward will always be family to us. I remember the Bishops wife stapling decorations to the wall in the cultural hall (which is also the Chapel when the curtains to the stand are open). The Bishop just shook his head and rolled his eyes and said it was a good thing that they were remodeling soon!
In those crazy weeks leading up to the wedding, we were able to do some day trips. We went in to Huntingdon, Cambridge, St.Neots, Peterborough, among other places. It was craziness leading up to the wedding but it was so wonderful to be with each other and friends and family.
5 comments:
Congratulations on 10 years! That's so great!
it was lovely to read how you got together and the events leading up to your wedding (stresful at the best of times!) You make a lovely couple and have 3 beautiful children...you are indeed very blessed- we hope you get time to celebrate XX
So I don't know where I've been (well, anywhere but back in Huntingdon), but when was the building remodeled? What did they change? I guess I'm 10 years late, but I hadn't heard anything about that.
Ahhh, Amy, it was not a huge remodel, just what the Bishop called it. The wall where someone put their head through it, in the chapel, was filled in, the wallpaper was replaced, new carpet, I don't think they did much structurally though. It's probably due to happen again!
The building is much too small for all the members of that ward though. There has, apparently, been talk of splitting the ward or adding on.
I remember well that dent/hole in the wall! Thanks for the explanation. That's neat that they're talking of splitting the ward--must have had a whole lot of growth because there's hardly any military left.
Post a Comment