We were so excited to find out today that we will be adding another little boy to our family!
I have had some minor complications already this pregnancy and the OB decided I should see the Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor. At 18 weeks, it's pretty early to see the MFM doctor but with my history but with the allergic reaction I had to an injection that is supposed to prevent labor and Gestational Diabetes it was best to go now.
I got the see the MFM doctor that I like the most. She did my amniocentesis with Leata and decided it was time to induce Mark when we did. I really like her and trust her judgement.
I will see her every four weeks and have a detailed ultrasound every four weeks also. They are testing a lot of things to see what maybe causing my problems. We may or may not figure it out.
For today though, we got the exciting news that baby looks healthy, is half a pound, measuring between 18-19 weeks and a BOY! :)
8 comments:
Congratulations! I have to admit I was guessing girl for you. It will be fun though for Mark to have a brother, I'm sure. Plus now you have two to mow the lawn someday. AJ's set! I laughed as I thought of all the people who I thought were way ahead of me in their pregnancies as well. It's been rather funny. I have a feeling you'll still beat me...but hopefully not by much, right?! Take care of yourself!
First he was the size of a lime and then an avocado. How in fruit (not inches) is he now? Can we call him Luke?
He is the size of a sweet potato now. :) You may call him Luke. We are pretty sure on the first name, it's the second name we are still working on.
Hoorah! Another boy! And I like the name Luke too.
Your little Sweet Potato. Great nickname.
Ha! Random thought. If the ultrasound is wrong and it's a girl, you'll have to call her Leia. No, that wouldn't work with Leata.
Haha, but if for some reason it is wrong she will be Lucy but it was pretty obvious in the 4 pictures they gave us showing he was a boy that he certainly is a boy!
Congratulations Bobos!
So exciting to hear about a little boy coming to join your wonderful family!
Post a Comment