Monday, September 27, 2010

Our Crazy and Fun Weekend (where I didn't take pictures...)

So this post won't have any pictures. I forgot my camera for everything.

First, Friday I went to Leata's school for a few hours in the morning. It was fun to be there and I was able to walk Leata to her classroom. Because of carpool, that doesn't happen often. It's actually the first time I have. I was also in the book fair when her class came in to look around. I met her classmates and now I have an idea of who everyone is when she talks about people in her class. 3 hours of helping kindergarteners or hanging posters is exhausting though!

On Saturday my mom and I did a walk to raise money for research for Juvenile Diabetes. It was a 3 mile walk and I was going to bring Leata. When we got there (A.J. dropped us off since he needed the car for other stuff) Taylor wanted to come too. So I checked and we had a stroller (know full well that Taylor wouldn't be able to walk the 3.1 miles (5K)) and we had it so I grabbed her too and grabbed the stroller and off we went to register. Between my mom and I we were able to raise over $400 for the cause in less than a month. Thanks to all of you who so generously donated! We got a T-shirt for every $100 we raised so we got 4, one for each of us walking. We got there an hour before the walk started so we walked around the booths and had donuts and fruit that they provided. We grabbed some drinks to take on the walk (they had powerade, water and soda all provided by Coke). The girls then went on a ride and did some spin art before the walk. Leata walked about half of the walk and Taylor walked on and off. Leata would have walked the whole time if she had no other option but she got in the stroller when Taylor wasn't. Taylor also rode on grandma's shoulders some of the time.
When we got back to the park (Scera Park in Orem) we got lunch (hot dogs, chips, cookies, drinks, sugar free taffy). Then the girls went on the really big inflatable slide about 100 times! Then they went to the inflatable obstacle course. After that they played games and got prizes. It was lots of fun but we must have walked around the entire park ten times! Next year we are going to try and get even more people to participate on our team. It's such a fun event for such a good cause!

After the activities on Saturday morning, my mom took Leata and Taylor to see Collin in Wiley and that Hairy Man. Leata has seen it three times now and Taylor twice. A.J., Mark and I have all seen it once. I went home and took a quick nap and then got up and A.J., Mark and I all headed to the BYU football game. It was lots of fun even if we didn't win. Mark would put his hands up in the air every time anyone got a touchdown and most of the time the announcer said anything about downs. He had a lot of fun and was so cute clapping and cheering!
After the game I didn't know if I was going to be able to sleep. I was so sore after walking about 10 miles. (The walk and walking around the park in the morning and then to and from the game from where we parked and around the stadium and about 4 rows down from the very top of the stadium).

Sunday, we went to church at 9. Primary was crazy but went well and I taught sharing time both hours. The lesson was so well outlined and was easy to prepare (although I spent hours trying to decide exactly what was the best way to go about it).

Sunday afternoon was the best though. I came home and crashed. I took a nice long nap. Mark and Taylor also napped and I am not even sure what Leata and A.J. did while we were all napping but it was the best nap ever!

2 comments:

The Grandmother Here said...

What a fun weekend!

SarahJane said...

What a busy weekend!
I'm glad the walk for JD went well and you did awesome raising money!