Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

The girls were lucky to go with their Aunt Kendall and Uncle Casey to an Easter egg hunt with Uncle Casey's family, on Saturday. They had lots of fun, and no doubt, lots of attention. Leata loves Kendall and Taylor ADORES Casey and the feeling is mutual. It's so cute. She's never been so drawn to anyone but her "dadee"!
Sunday, we got the girls up in plenty of time to get their Easter baskets and get ready for church.
We probably overdid it on the Easter Basket but they sure loved it.
After we got ready for church we took some pictures. Neither of the girls was too cooperative though.


After church we tried again without much luck.
The chickens from our neighbor's farm got in our yard and Taylor wanted to go see them.


Leata, on the other hand, ran the other way. She was scared of the chickens!
Oh, but here is a pretty good one of Taylor.


I think we will put their dresses on them again and try to get pictures another day when it is not so windy.

After we went in from taking pictures the second time we talked about Easter and when I asked Leata what Easter was about she said "Jesus", which made me happy. I was afraid that maybe she thought it was about candy and the Easter Bunny and pretty dresses.

2 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Those are adorable dresses! That last picture of Taylor is precious as well. Good job on teaching them the true meaning of Easter. :-)

Amy said...

I share in your picture-taking frustration! You work so hard to get them dressed up and just want that one picture to forever document the day, right? I spent my Easter in a similar fashion--chasing Hailey around with a camera! I'm glad to see you're still pregnant. Yea, Sarah!