Having all of them home means that we are all in comfortable and familiar surroundings. It means that I can give all of the kids the attention that they need because I can be with all three of them at the same time.
Last week, A.J. was in Sweden. Wow, that was crazy! We spent half of our time at Grandma's house and half of our time at our house. Auntie Ann stayed with us part of the time. We made it through without daddy bur we missed him a lot! Having three kids really hasn't thrown us off much. Leata and Taylor both love to help with everything and most of the time they really are a big help! I have been driving a lot more so that was helpful too.
Leata loves her brother. She loves to hold him, get diapers, burp cloths, pacifiers and whatever else he needs. She talks to him and keeps him company during tummy time. She is a good big sister and takes good care of Mark.
Taylor ADORES Mark. I was afraid of her being jealous but even 7 weeks after he has been home she still just loves him. She's says "Mama, Mark crying, help him!" and is very concerned. She always asks to give him hugs and kisses too. She wants to be right with him and taking care of him. She is a very sweet big sister. She thinks she is so big and grown up now!Mark is so mu
ch fun. He coos and talks and smiles and laughs now. It's fun that he is interacting more and looking at us more and just seems curious about everything! He's even rolling over some and getting more consistent! Mark is also a very good sleeper. He sleeps 10 hours a night now. If he goes any longer then that I have to wake him. He's been sleeping 8 hours pretty much since he came home from the hospital if we let him but we woke him most nights to feed him since he was so small. Now that he is getting bigger we don't have to worry about waking him. He does have an occasional night that he wakes to eat once in the middle of the night and that's fine with me. I certainly won't complain. Every single one of my kids have been good sleepers. We weighed Mark last week and he was 8 lbs 12oz. I bet he will be 9 lbs this week! He's gained 5 lbs in the last three months.Everyone told me the transition from two to three was the hardest but I don't think it's been any harder then any of the others and I haven't found having 1, 2 or 3 hard. Now having a four year old who thinks she needs to wear makeup might be the biggest struggle we have had with the kids yet! (Not counting preemie stuff.)
1 comment:
I found the third child made the biggest difference because I have only two hands. Your husband goes most places with you so you have a total of four hands. That helps a lot! I remember going through a parking lot carrying baby Erin and the diaper bag while little A.J. held littler Will's hand. And we all lived to tell the tale.
Post a Comment