Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Arizona

We went to Arizona last week to visit friends and family. We had a great trip! It really was wonderful.
We were able to see my Grandparents while we were down there. Grandma has not been doing well lately and just had a stroke before Christmas. During that time they found that her heart is starting to fail as well. Grandpa seems to be doing so well right now though! It was so fun to go and visit with them. We were even all able to go out to lunch while we were down there. We also saw my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin.

We spent part of our trip with our good friends Brad and Kae while we were down there. Their 8 year old son was baptized on Saturday and it was great to be there for his baptism. I watched him when he was just a newborn while his mom went to school. I really enjoyed the time that I got to watch him and I am so glad that we were able to get to know their family!

While we were there A.J. and Leata went swimming, outdoors, on January 3! It was crazy but the pool was a heated pool but it hadn't been heated since the day before so it was kind of cold! They had a lot of fun though. Taylor and I were smart and just watched the craziness.

While we were driving back on Sunday evening we went through an area in Utah that was 22 degrees below zero! COLD!

The trip down and back up were easier then we had anticipated. We took two days to get down there. It was not our original plan but I was feeling miserable the night before and so I went to the doctor the day we were planning on leaving. As it turned out, I have a sinus and ear infection. I had been on antibiotics early in December for them but they didn't get rid of the infection. Fortunately, the second round of antibiotics seems to be doing the trick. Because we couldn't leave as early as we would have liked, we stopped in Mesquite, NV for the night at a nice hotel that we got a good deal on. It was so nice to splint the trip up and we all felt good when we arrived in Mesa the next day. On the way back we did it all in one day and it only took us 13 hours with stops and all. Not too bad. We also found that North of Cedar City they have a test zone where the speed limit is 80 mph! That was a big surprise to us!

I will try to post more pictures soon!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You make travelling with kids sound so easy, I struggle to travel the 4/5 hours to Plymouth where we are planning a move to this year!! I think I would struggle to travel 13 hours!! If I had an medal you would have one Sarah!! I guess our roads in England are a little more frustrating though with the windy narrow roads!

Amy said...

Glad you got to Arizona--it can be a nice place...in the winter especially! Funny thing, we were in Utah! Sometime maybe we'll cross paths, and not just highway tracks.

Sarah said...

It really was an easy trip for us. I will say that we have canyons and mountains to travel through to get down to AZ so the roads may not be narrow but they are windy and we have a lot of altitude changes. The girls are just super good travelers. This is Taylor's third time down there and Leata's 7th I think. They both are just happy to sit in the car and listen to music or Leata will watch movies (Taylor can't see the movies because she still has to face backwards in her carseat). They also sleep well in the car. It's nice now that we have a minivan but they traveled well in the car that we had before the minivan as well.
The trip was a little hard on me being pregnant and having a sinus and ear infection. All the pressure changes meant for a lot of pain during certain parts of the trip and we had to stop more often for me to go to the bathroom and just get up to move around. It was worth the 13 hour drive though and I really needed to go and see my grandparents!
Amy- So funny that we were in AZ while you were here in UT. We really do need to meet up sometime!

Sarah said...

Oh, and I was wondering if I could be invited to see both of your blogs? I would love to see them!