Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jesus Wants Leata For A Sunbeam! (And Taylor In Nursery)

Leata has been to Sunbeams for two weeks now. She LOVES it! I was afraid that she was going to be upset with no toys to play with because she loved playing in nursery. I guess she is just old enough now that she can sit pretty still and listen to a longer lesson and go to sharing time and enjoy herself.
She loves singing and loves to teach us what she has learned in singing time and in her class (the best she can remember, anyway). Her teachers and the primary presidency has told me that she sits still but loves to answer questions.
After her first time at Sunbeams she wanted to say the prayer for dinner (Chili of course) that evening. Well, before she could say the prayer we had to sing a song and basically have opening exercises. It was so cute. She even had to find something that she could pretend to use as a microphone. I found out later that she quickly volunteered for the opening prayer that Sunday and went up and did it all by herself! After her second week she said "Mommy, I had fun in Sunbeams but they wouldn't let me say the prayer at the microphone again today." She was kind of sad about that but it was so cute!

Now Taylor is so different from Leata. I took that sweet little girl to nursery the first week and stayed with her for 15 minutes or so and then left. She did ok but she saw me in the window when I was checking on her and got upset so I stayed a little while in the middle of church as well. She also did ok after that but she really wanted someone to hold her.
Last week (her second week, it just turns out that since her birthday is in July, she went into nursery in January and since we were traveling the first week of the year she went into nursery the same week Leata went into Sunbeams), Taylor was not so happy when I left. She wasn't crying though and did ok for about 15 minutes. Then they brought her to me with tear running down her face. Such a sad sight. She rarely cries so it was hard for me to see her that way. She did not want to sit with me in Sunday School so I took her back to nursery and stayed with her for a few minutes again. She was clinging to me for the first couple of minutes. Then Taylor played in my lap for a few minutes. Then she ventured away a little but kept her eyes on me. They were dancing and singing on foam squares and she couldn't miss out on the action so she ran over and started playing. After a minute, I left. She was fine the rest of the time. Maybe next week it will be even smoother... One can hope, right?

3 comments:

The Grandmother Here said...

I'm glad to hear that Taylor is healthy enough to be exposed to the other nursery children. Enjoy your meetings!

Sarah said...

We decided to try and send her and see what happens. She has been healthy now since before Christmas so we thought we woul try it out. If she gets sick we will keep her out of nursery for a few weeks so it doesn't turn into a cycle of being sick right now and I go in there and stay for a little while and see if any of the kids are coughing, have a yucky nose or just don't look right. So far, so good for the first two weeks. If any kids were sick she was stronf enough to ward it off. I hope it's not a fluke because we will have to keep her out for a while if she gets sick again.

Anonymous said...

I of course have a little sunbeam as well. Taryn is doing well but hen again she is used to going to daycare all day. She is a wild woman by nature so it is a little hard for her to sit still. There are only 3 kiddos in her class and they are all girls so it is good. She does ok but boy is she excited to see me when Sister Morris brings her to me in Relief society after class. Kids are so cute!