I went to the dentist. I had gone just before I was pregnant to have my cleanings and checkup done. I had one new cavity and three fillings that needed to be replaced. I had the cavity filled then but by the time I had that done I had used up my insurance for the year so since the other three were not urgent we waited until this year to do it. It's such a pain to have to keep your mouth open for so long and have the whole side (top and bottom) numb. Now that the numbness is wearing off I know something is not right with one of my teeth. Hopefully I will not need a root canal!
Leata will go this year for her first real appointment to the dentist. She has been to sit in the chair and have them take a quick peek at her teeth but she hasn't done it all yet. It will be interesting to see how she reacts!
3 comments:
In my experience with Bobo children and the dentist, they are more co-operative if their mother is not in the room with them. Best of luck! Are you taking Leata to a pediatric dentist?
Kaeleigh goes for her first visit on Valentine's Day.
We'll see if she let's him get inside her mouth but she does have 11 teeth so it's about time for it.
Here's wishing good luck to both of us :)
Our dentist doesn't do any real appointments until they are four. He looks at their teeth and will do things if there are problems but the first official appointment is around four.
We are bringing her to the same dentist we see. He used to be in our ward and he is really good. They also have fun things for kids so I think it will be good. She has been able to come with us and sit in the chair and see the tools and have her teeth looked at.
I am betting she will be ok but I just wonder...
Post a Comment